13 Feb External Insulation on Cottage in Co Mayo
External Insulation is a simple and easy way of thermally upgrading homes and buildings to prevent heat loss of up to 35%. This can be done without much disruption as all works can be carried out whilst the buildings are occupied.
This is a house we are currently doing at the moment in Co Mayo.
External insulation is a thick board of insulation (100mm Platinum or similar) fixed onto the outside of your home with a brand new render (plaster) finish. The finish coat is pre-coloured so there is no painting required afterwards.
What are the advantages of External Wall Insulation?
- Reduced CO2 Emissions
- Stops condensation
- Helps prevent mould and fungus growth
- Increases Thermal Efficiency
- Stops draughts
- Lowers heating cost
- Improved Aesthetic Finish
- No Reduction in interior floor space
- You won’t have to paint your the external render for at least 10 years (unless you want to).